Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!

Today, October 4th is World Card Making Day. I wish I had time today to make a whole bunch of cards, but I have to take care of cleaning up outside for the winter, and then I have a birthday and housewarming party to go to. But I hope some of you have time today to make cards!

Stampin' Up has a bunch of new promotions this month, check them out here. The Holiday Mini catalog is also out now too. If you see anything you like, you can order it online directly from me by going to my Stampin' Up website (http://emilykate.stampinup.net/) and click on the "Shop Now" button in the top right side. Your order will be shipped directly to you!

Now that business is taken care of, here's a card I made last night for tonight's birthday party (so, it was already World Card Making Day somewhere in the world!).





I ordered the Owl Together Now set with my demonstrator kit, and then thought it was gonna be really hard to get the owls to sit on the branch, or to have their hats aligned right, so it's been sitting on the side for awhile. I decided to give it a try last night and had a ton of fun. The blocks around the pieces aren't much bigger than the rubber part, so you can definitely see the bottom of what you're stamping to know where to put it. I'm sure I'll be using this set lots now!

Stamps: Owl Together Now (SU)
Ink: Basic Black and Pacific Point (both SU)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Urban Garden DSP (all SU)
Other: Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" punch, 1 1/4" punch, white gel pen, blender pen (all SU), googly eyes, watercolour pencils, stickles.

No comments: