Friday, October 24, 2008

A Card for Jes's Sketch Challenge

Jes over at craft-o-rama post this challenge the other day, and I've been mulling over what to do for it. Check it out for yourself, she's got some blog candy to go to the winner. Deadline is Sunday.

The challenge was to use just the cardstock base, with no additional layers. It had to include 3 embellishments and a sentiment as well. So, no ribbon, no pretty paper, nothing.

Here's what I came up with:


The card is 4 1/4" square. The wreath stamp is one I picked up at Walmart a few weeks ago (they had gotten a bunch of Christmas stamps in). The Season's Greetings sentiment is from the SU Snow Swirled set (stamped with Riding Hood Red ink). I coloured in the stamp with SU watercolour pencils and used my blender pen. Then I added some red, green and gold stickles to give it some sparkle. For the 3 embellishments I used some gold eyelets, not something I use very often. Considering that I wasn't allowed to add other stuff to it, I'm liking my card. I might add some ribbon to it though for after the challenge to pretty up the wreath a bit.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

So pretty! I agree that a ribbon would add that little something. But it is gorgeous on its own!