Friday, August 8, 2008

First Ever Blog Post

Wow! This is my very first blog post ever! You'd think that from working in IT I'd be more likely to have jumped on the blog band wagon years ago. But I haven't, and here I am. My goal for this blog is to showcase some of my crafty creations.

I've been crafting in many different ways for almost as long as I can remember. Way back when I was little I used to paint little wooden shapes and make magnets and sell them at my mom's craft show table. Somewhere around then my grandmother taught me to knit, and I made my first "scarf" :P I can't say it would be very warm with all the dropped stiches. From there, I've gone on and done all kinds of crafty things. I sew, I crochet, I've made candles, jewelry, bath products... you name it, I've probably done it.

My new crafty obsession is card making. I tried to do the scrapbooking thing first, but I quite frankly couldn't find that much in my life to scrapbook about :P so instead I started to use all the nice supplies I had bought for scrapbooking to make cards. Of course, I've found all kinds of new and fun things to buy to expand on this hobby :) Card making has become a great hobby for me because it is actually useful, and everyone appreciates a nice handmade card. It also doesn't take too long to get results, unlike crocheting an afghan :P

So, with that, I will post my first blog post. Now that you know a bit about me, please make sure to check back often, as I hope to post a lot of different cards that I make (and maybe something else besides cards every so often too!).

No comments: